This is the most recent edition of the Fantasy Team Names Update. We are here to recognize the funniest, wittiest and sometimes most childish fantasy players among us. All of these names are solid gold(with the exception of the ones I try to come up with at the end). Enjoy!
Top 5 Names Of The Past Week
1. Preach It Pastornicky – This name has earned the top position of the past week with it’s incredible wit. Religious references are always funny, yet rarely seen in the fantasy team name game. For some reason I find myself imagining Little Nicky(yes, a classic Adam Sandler film) preaching at church. And I laugh out loud just a bit.
2. Dip of Choo is Good for Yu – Incorporating two different players and a reference to one of the biggest pastimes within America’s Pastime is awesome. Shin-Soo Choo and Yu Darvish have been playing some unreal baseball. Tobacco plus player references equals solid gold. Well played.
3. Takin’ A Leake – What would an update on the funniest fantasy team names around be without someone taking the childish route. Immature is always funny. I like this name because it is so simple yet still makes you laugh. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the little things in life, like Takin’ A Leake.
4. Furcal, Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen would be proud. Perhaps the most annoying, and popular, song of the past month or so has made its way into the fantasy baseball game. Somewhere I imagine Rafael Furcal sitting behind a computer making this name himself while he jams out to “Call Me Maybe”.
5. David Pauley Want A Cracker? – Another one of those simple names with the right amount of wit to make you smile. And this name is definitely fitting, as David Pauley could really use a cracker right now. He’s allowed 5 ER in just 5 1/3 IP over his last three outings in relief. Ouch.
Here are some names I was lucky enough to stumble on that were just top notch and could be rising up the rankings soon.
1. Ruiz Navidad! – A shout out to the Phillies catcher who seems to be celebrating much of late, just destroying the ball. Classic holiday/player reference. Love it!
2. My Trout Is Bigger Than Morse – This one is a bit of a stretch, but I get the gist of it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Nothing like an inappropriate joke to get the ball rolling.
3. Cheating On Jonathan Was Herrera – Referencing a player name? Check. Making a childish joke? Check. Using a baseball metaphor(error)? Check. That’s three check marks in my book and definitely some quality wit.
My Submission For An Entertaining Team Name
Try not to judge, I’m going to put up a name or two that I think might be amusing. No, I am not the brilliant minds that are posting these names daily, but hopefully they are satisfactory.
1. Will.I.Am Rhymes
2. Kyle Seager Beaver
Yes those were terrible. I definitely need some tips. Anyways, that wraps up this update of the Fantasy Team Names around the game. As a reminder, check out RotoGrinders MLB Lineups page for all of your daily fantasy baseball needs. Good luck and keep on making me laugh!