Welcome to another week of the Fantasy Team Names Update. Since MLB is the only current season in play, I decided to focus on those names in particular. Here are the top 15 MLB names of the last month or so. I hope you enjoy, I know I did. And there is a bonus NBA team name that just had to see an appearance as well.
1) Mo-Lester Of Miners – In the words of the great Charles Barkley, “Thas turrible Kenny!” Crosses every line ever put up to stop terrible, offensive comments. Despite all of that, it is still fairly entertaining. Given the recent Jerry Sandusky trials, it may also be topical? Is that OK to say? Not sure, oh well.
2) A Day At The Beachy – RIP Brandon Beachy’s 2012 season. He will have plenty of days to go to the Beachy, as he will be having major surgery and will not be back for the remainder of the year. Too bad, because he was really coming onto the scene as a rising star.
3) BullPen isLand – I don’t get it. Could someone enlighten me?
4) LaHair Today, Gone Tomorrow – Here today, gone tomorrow. Much like Brian LaHair’s MLB career. If he has a righty on the mound, its LaHair today. If he’s going up against a lefty, he’s definitely gone. Also like the subtle, likely unintentional reference, to hair loss. It truly is LaHair today then gone tomorrow. Just ask my grandfather.
5) Got My Morning Todd Coffey – Finally people can make a nice wholesome fantasy team name that is witty and entertaining. The perversion and crossing of the line names are always entertaining, but the true genius comes from these simple, wholesome (but funny) names. Bravo.
6) CarGo Express – Another good name that’s simple and topical. Carlos Gonzalez is on FIRE lately and has cemented his place as one of the best hitters in the MLB today. Hope Tulowitzki can come back soon and provide more support around him, definitely one of the best duos in the game today.
7) Affeldt Your Dickey Last Night – That’s more like it. I started to wonder when all the wholesome fun would end. Affeldt Your Dickey Last Night, you were able to enter the realm of fifth grade jokes and for that we thank you. Stay immature, and keep us laughing.
8) Sour Melky – If there was some way to make a fantasy name using the phrase, “Don’t Cry Over Spilt Milk”, I would be excited to see it. Here’s what I got so far “Don’t Cy over Spilt Melky”. Someone help me out because that was turrible.
9) Drew Stubbs His Toe – Poor Drew, can’t get out of the way of his giant feet. Just stubbing his toe like a champ. Luckily for Drew his recent injury has cleared up and he is set to join a rehab assignment in the near future. That Reds lineup is RIDICULOUS when fully healthy.
10) The Mota-Vator – Guillerma Mota. Enough said.
11) Ruth Is The Truth – One of our older fantasy players submits his throwback fantasy team name in honor of the great Babe Ruth. The jerk that cursed my beloved Red Sox for 86 years. Damn you Babe Ruth, damn you.
12) Yu Don’t Cano Me – Are you talkin to ME? Ok, ok I know it’s not the right reference but for some reason that’s what I thought of when I saw this team name. Two MLB players? Check. Incorporated fluently? Check. Good fantasy team name? Check!
Here’s a Few More for Your Viewing Pleasure 13) We’re Dunn Cuz You Broke My Hart 14) CoCo Crisp Is A Hell Of A Drug 15) I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butera
Special NBA Fantasy Team Name:
I Just Met You, Call Me, Nene?
MVP! MVP! MVP! It’s so sad that song can be so popular. But even I have to admit, it’s damn catchy. And if Carly-Rae Jeppsen could make a profit off all of the knockoffs of her song, she would be richer than Billy Gates.
That’s the weekly fantasy team names update, I hope you enjoyed and as always, remember to vote for your favorites so I can give them their due in the bi-weekly fantasy team names update! Enjoy your MLB action!