We got some pretty funny people out there in the fantasy sports world. Clever nick names, especially with the baseball season in full swing. Some players decide to use sheer wit to come up with a brilliant team name, while others lean toward sexual innuendo. Whatever your style, if it’s funny, we’ll give you the credit! Let’s see who I liked this week.
Here are the top five ranked fantasy team names of the past month:
1. Buehrle Legal Babes – A classic example of turning a phrase. Simple, elegant and crude all at the same time. Buehrle Legal, bro!
2. I’m Sexy Andino It – Robert Andino, the Orioles scrappy second baseman, fits perfectly with LMFAO’s hit single, “I’m Sexy and I Know It”. Bravo, sir, bravo.
3. Grabner Tits – Basic and witty. The NHL fantasy season may be over(and the Islanders season probably long before that), but Grabner Tits is a great example of witty, sexual innuendo.
4. Pubic LaHair – You had to think that one of the hottest players of the MLB’s first month or so would get some special fantasy name treatment. Especially with ‘hair’ being so openly available in his last name. Great work on this one, it definitely brings out a good giggle.
5. Blackburn Singing in the Dead of Knight – This one, a Nick Blackburn tribute, goes over my head a bit. I’m sure if I completely understood the joke, I’d be enjoying it as much everyone else is. Regardless, top notch work, the fans have spoken.
In case my opinion matters to you, I have decided to add some of my personal favorites that might be seen as underdogs. A combination of the recent additions, top ranked names, etc. makes my list a little more wide spread. If you disagree, go ahead and vote for your favorites and push them up the boards!
1. Livin Avila Loca – A tribute that combines a red-hot Alex Avila and the hall of fame Ricky Martin? Check. Someone turn up the Ricky!!
2. You’re Humber-lievable Oh! – I have to give this name props because of the perfect game tossed recently by Phil Humber. Combining real world events with a witty name, and you have a winner.
3. Bryce Bryce Baby – I can hear the Vanilla Ice bumping in my head. If Bryce Harper isn’t coming to bat with this song in the background yet, there is something wrong in the world.
4. CntSpellCloserw/oaCL – You gotta read this one out loud to pick up the meaning, but all in all it’s pretty damn funny. Poor Mo Rivera, just wanted to shag some fly balls. Now he’s one ACL short and a day late. Well played team name here.
5. Takes Weeks 2 Freese Trout – The ability to combine three different player names in just one team name is impressive. The only downside here is that there is no real connection between the guys, but a noteworthy effort nonetheless.
Great work to everyone working hard to bring laughter and joy to their fantasy leagues. These are some top notch fantasy names. Keep it coming, and check back soon for another update!